Data protection and cookies management policy
This policy applies to any personal data processing by Cathay Capital Private Equity, a French société par actions simplifiée (simplified joint-stock company) with capital of €1,600,000, registered with the Paris Trade and Companies Register under the number 490 506 045. A portfolio management company that has been approved by the Autorité des Marchés Financiers (AMF) under the number GP 07000002 since 28 February 2007, and was authorised on 4 March 2014 under the AIFM Directive), its subsidiaries, affiliates and sister-companies, in the context of the management of Cathay Global Healthcare Fund 1 S.L.P., a French professional specialised fund established in the form of a French société en commandite simple denominated société de libre partenariat, with capital of €1,000, registered with the Paris Trade and Companies Register under number 903 981 561 (“Cathay Health”).
Since May 25, 2018, the processing of your personal data is subject to the EU regulation 2016/679 of April 27, 2016 (“GDPR”) relating to the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and the free circulation of these data.
Purpose of the Policy
What is a cookie?
A “Cookie” is a small text file saved on your computer’s hard drive when visiting a website or viewing an advertisement. It is managed by your internet browser. Its purpose is to collect information about your browsing sites, to send you personalized services, but cannot be used to recover data on your disk, install a virus, or obtain your personal information.
More information about Cookies on the CNIL website http://www.cnil.fr/vos-droits/vos-traces/les-cookies/ or www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu.
What is the purpose of cookies?
Cookies are essentials and customisers. They are used to identify and to “remember” users and users’ preferences, ensure a consistent and efficient experience for visitors and perform essential functions such as allowing users to navigate our Site, set the language settings, display the correct page for the device they are using.
Cookies also enable us to monitor and to analyse how users navigate and utilize our Site, which pages they find useful and which they do not so that we can tailor the Site to users’ needs.
They are also used to control access to certain content on our Site, protect the Site, and to process any requests that users make of us.
Types of cookies posted by the Site:
- Technical Cookies: these cookies are necessary to allow us to operate our Site so you may access them as you have requested. Disabling these cookies will encumber performance and may make the Site and features unavailable. These cookies, for example, are used to collect session ID and authentication data. They also include cookies that enable us to remember your previous actions within the same browsing session and secure our Site. Strictly necessary Cookies are “session cookies”, which expire when you close your browser session.
- Analytical Cookies: in order to adapt our site to the requests of our visitors, we measure the number of visits, the number of pages viewed as well as the visitors’ activity on the site and their frequency of return. These cookies make it possible to establish traffic analysis statistics from which the contents of our site are improved according to the success met by a page or another with our visitors. The validity period of these cookies is 6 months;
- Functionality Cookies: your preferences of use, the parameters of display and readers that you use in order to facilitate your navigation during your next visit on our website.
How to disable Cookies?
Internet browsers give users a level of control over cookies. If you do not want cookies to be dropped on your device, you can adjust the setting of your Internet browser to reject the setting of all or some cookies or to alert you when a cookie is placed on your device.
For details on what your browser offers and how to configure your browser according to your choices, please go to the “Help” menu or other dedicated section of your Internet browser. Here are the help pages for:
- Internet Exploter™: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Safari™: https://support.apple.com/guide/safari/manage-cookies-and-website-data-sfri11471/mac
- Chrome™: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en
- Firefox™: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/clear-cookies-and-site-data-firefox
- Opera™: https://blogs.opera.com/news/2015/08/how-to-manage-cookies-in-opera/